There are not a thousand methods of public speaking, but two. Either one imitates by faking it or one actually lives it.
You need to deliver a professional, private or family message, you are preparing an oral exam, a job interview?
Do you feel helpless when it comes to communicating in front of others?
You are dispossessed of your means because of stage fright?
Do you want to speak in public with ease?
Do you want to develop personal behavior?
Adopt comfortable public speaking attitudes?
Give your audience a positive image?
Know the tricks of professionals?
Use practical tools?
We can help you develop this version of yourself
Catherine Gillet’s exclusive method is the result of her experience of more than 30 years on stage and training actors. She uses the techniques of the professional actor, the tools of synergology, a discipline which aims at interpreting human body language, the mindfulness which allows the management of stage fright and emotions, the benevolent communication.
Catherine Gillet’s method is an acting technique in which the importance of really living one’s speech is paramount. She trains the speaker to ask the body for answers by using her imagination and activating certain sensory receptors so that the body responds in a creative way.
It has helped many people gain confidence allowing fun and humor where the exercise of public speaking was a nightmare.
PUBLIC SPEAKING CYCLE
We offer a training cycle of several modules that takes place in our location. It allows participants to work together to develop their skills in a private environment where they can take risks without the pressure of their role in the company.
The function of the ideo center is to allow anyone wishing to improve or develop their skills to do so in the intimacy of a workshop, without the pressure of their professional environment.
Individual or group coaching
- Executive coaching: The function of leader requires a perfect balance between the mission to be carried out and the communication it requires to be able to carry it out. The role of the hierarchical mission can sometimes create a relational distance. In accordance with this tailor-made coaching method, we enable managers to communicate in a positive way while maintaining the trust and support of their employees.
- Coaching for managers or department heads: Diffusion of messages related to the position, self-confidence, acquisition of benevolent communication skills, for a good management of the department and legitimacy in its function, coaching of employees.
Cohesion between the members of a team by learning how to speak in public makes it possible, beyond the techniques of public speaking and emotions management, to identify together the universality of shame. It has taught us to have strategies of avoidance: rebellion, attack and avoidance.
Good communication of our ideas, demands, needs and feelings is a collective story. This training is an opportunity to accompany teams towards a common goal.
This training is an opportunity to guide the team towards a common goal, the opportunity to manage the individual profile for the benefit of the collective. Beyond the creative spirit, the training, to public speaking develops a spirit of significant initiative.
PUBLIC SPEAKING WORKSHOP CYCLE PROGRAM
INTRODUCTION TO THE ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS OF COMMUNICATION
Being an eloquent person requires a better articulation, a voice “placed” through a particular breath control, knowing how to modulate it to make it pleasant and attractive, a relaxed non-verbal language, a certain confidence in the present moment that allows the management of stage fright and lets our authenticity appear in our expression.
This method accompanies the awareness of one’s limits.Proposes an original learning process to take care of them in order to make them grow durably and comfortably.
Without text, knowing how to adapt.
This experience can seem frightening when no text can help. Daring to be out of your comfort zone by challenging your own limits is the proposal of this first module.
DEEPENING OF THE ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS OF COMMUNICATION
The posture of the speaker in front of his audience
it is important when we wish to speak in public to know how to serve its message. Whether it is in front of a group of friends, colleagues, an audience of strangers or evaluators, having a real message to get across is important. To do so, it is essential to prepare it, to take care of the content in order to be relevant and convincing.
Deepening of public speaking techniques
Introduction of emotions
Emotions are the color that the speaker will give to his story as the storyteller to his story.
It is important to accept them without repressing them. Recognise them in order to exploit them and make them a strength.
Deepening non-verbal communication
93% of a message is conveyed through gestures, looks… i.e. the non-verbal part.
Non-verbal communication is much more ” talkative “, more powerful, more authentic, more universally understood than words. It is 55% responsible for the impact of a message, 38% the intonation of the voice and only 7% the words and the speech itself.
Sharpening your non-verbal to increase your credibility is one of the pillars of Catherine Gillet’s method.
Boost presence through authenticity
- The mobile or immobile body in space
- To find the energy diffused by the body, voice, gestures, eyes and diction.
- Finding authenticity related to the congruence between verbal and non-verbal languages
Deepening through the recognition of shame
Pushing one’s limits a little further by taking care of them requires knowing how to listen to one’s body and identify one’s avoidance strategies to the shame of rebellion, attack and avoidance.
Improvisation finds its place in the second module of this method, because it teaches how to listen to others know how to listen to its audience take into account its proposals and thus establish a relationship of trust with him to express itself more spontaneously.
It allows a moment of relaxation in the training, makes it more creative.
At this stage of the end of the foundations of public speaking, it allows in a playful atmosphere to measure its technical progress (voice, diction, breathing, rhythm, intonation) the management of emotions, stage fright and self-confidence.
DEEPENING IN THE SPEAKER’S SKIN
- Training and deepening of public speaking techniques
- Training and deepening of the essential elements of communication
- Boost its presence through authenticity
- The mobile or immobile body in space
- The intention of the oral intervention: finding it to share it
- Diffuse your message through body, voice, gestures, gaze and diction
- Finding authenticity in the service of congruence verbal and non-verbal language
- Controlling stage fright
- Stress management through Mindfulness initiation exercises*
- Speaking out requires managing stress, stage fright and often shame. These mechanisms, of defense or withdrawal, are often avoidance strategies, automatisms linked to stress. Taming them to make them an authentic force of expression rather than controlling them strongly and rejecting them is the invitation of the method. *see if necessary the 8-week cycle of MBSR (stress reduction through mindfulness)
- More attention to oneself through mindfulness for more presence with one’s audience
- Identify strategies for avoiding the shame that prevents us from enjoying our public interactions
- Communication in mindfulness
- Receive and give feedback
- Questions and answers with the public
- How to manage this moment so feared by some to have to answer questions from the public with clarity and conciseness
- Facilitating working sessions
- Prepare the content of one’ s speech
- The intent of the message
- Structure it
- Learn it while remaining natural and authentic
Supports and tools
- Use them wisely without being trapped by them, the supports and tools of a presentation.
Interactivity with its audience
- Talking in front of a camera
Controlling stage fright
You need to lead a work session, you have an important interview, you are going to make a family or professional speech, a conference, a seminar or a round table? You have to make a presentation, an oral exam, etc.?
- Training and warm-up with public speaking techniques
- Like a dress rehearsal, this workshop is a final rehearsal before the public performance.
- As in real life, role-playing allows us to “try” to say what we dream of saying to one or more people.
- Personalised Feedback
THE SENSE OF REPARTEE
This module offers you the opportunity to practice assertiveness training.
Take risks to surpass yourself. Learn to take responsibility for your ideas. Having more confidence in them by experiencing that there are never bad ideas, it is the way you present them that makes them more or less well accepted by your audience. To present things more creatively, through metaphors, images with the help of improvisation.
Creativity serving the sense of repartee.
Knowing how to deal with what our interlocutor is telling us. The work will be to be creative by integrating the proposals of others. To achieve this, we often work from association games, which requires opening our imagination and accepting that of others. To feel comfortable in the sense of repartee, it is necessary to open one’s imagination, and not to follow the rules established all the time.
Learning to accept the judgment of others through active listening and conscious communication.
This morning, you found yourself on the train between two particularly noisy smartphones. It bothered you, what did you do, said?
Someone went past you in front of the supermarket? How did you react?
Your colleague made another joke that doesn’t suit you, what did you say?
- Diagnosis: Where are you with your statement today?
Reasons for this difficulty
- More self-confident, by identifying your needs and goals.
- Listening to your emotions to understand and share them.
- Face to face training through role-playing games
- Become an expert in demands and dare to assert who you are
FOR A SUCCESSFUL VIDEO PRESENTATION
Prepare and record one’ s message for the social networks, its YouTube channel.
Which material to choose, how to interact, how to prepare, how to speak in videoconference, how to prepare a webinar.
HUMOR IN THE RELATIONSHIP
The rules of humor in relationships relate to good taste, common sense, taking care of oneself to take care of the other, philosophical knowledge of the subject, the pitfalls and advantages, the drifts, as well as mastery make it an art. Used wisely, it is a balm on wounds, a vector of solidarity and generates better health.
- What is humor?
- The different styles of humor
- When to do or not to do humor
- Deviances that are not humor
- Confidence, the gateway to humor in a relationship
- The importance of knowing how to say no to humour
- Humor is its pacifying force
The tools of this training allow more probity, they allow confidence in oneself and in the other, contributing to more positive interpersonal communication, for more authentic and joyful relationships.
INTRODUCTION TO POSITIVE COMMUNICATION
In order to communicate in a positive way, it is important to communicate as well as possible with oneself first and then with those around him/her. With the tools of NonViolent Communication we can help ourselves to energise relational benevolence starting with benevolence towards ourselves.
3 attitudes in NVC communication are proposed to protect ourselves from damaging communication:
- Positive appreciation
The four stages of the NVC process :
- Observation of the facts
- The awareness or expression of our feelings and émotions
- The expression of needs,
- The formulation of a request
Schedules from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Introduction to the essential elements of communication
November 5 and 6 / January 4 and 5
Deepening of the essential elements of communication
December 3 and 4 / January 11 and 12
Deepening in the speaker’s skin
January 21 and 22
February 11th and 12th
The sense of repartee
March 18 and 19
For a successful video presentation
April 22nd and 23rd
Humor in the relationship
May 20th and 21st
Introduction to positive communication
June 10th and 11th
Revenir à :